Re: Bug with initDB under windows 2003

From: "dror" <dror_b(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug with initDB under windows 2003
Date: 2006-08-03 18:49:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi James,

I just wanted to inform you all that I solve the issue, it was indeed the nul device as James and Martijn mention.
I have change the source to redirect the output to a log file, to which I gave permission to the "postgres" user.
The file (currently) is created at the temp folder.
This is critical bug due to the fact that on more and more win2003 machines the postgres installation failed to initialize the DB.

In any case, I am about to push this fix to be part of the formal postgres source.Is anyone know ,who should I write to in order to test and checked this fix to the CSV.
Regards
Dror
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted