‘--pwfile’ command

From: Tommy Flewwelling <tommyflewwelling(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ‘--pwfile’ command
Date: 2007-11-07 02:35:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
Could someone tell me if the ‘--pwfile’ command can be applied to createdb.exe and psql.exe?
I found a description of ‘--pwfile’ at http://www.it-manuals.info/postgressql/app-initdb.html, which states:
--pwfile=filename
makes initdb read the database superuser's password from a file. the first line of the file is taken as the password.
I would like to disable password prompt (-W) and have the password read from a file.
Any pointers would surely be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tommy_
Are you ready for Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.5 ? Get the latest for free today!
http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/WindowsLiveMessenger