Re: date stamp on update?

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <blackwaterdev(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: date stamp on update?
Date: 2008-11-22 23:18:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Create Table TableName(
ColumnName DATE Sysdate;
);
ALTER TABLE TableName
ALTER COLUMN ColumnName { SET DEFAULT newdefaultvalue | DROP OLDDEFAULT }

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:34:26 -0500
From: blackwaterdev(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] date stamp on update?

Is there a datatype in postgres that will automatically update the date when the row is updated? I know I can do a timestamp and set the default to now() but once the row is inserted, and then edited, I want the column updated without editing my application code or adding a trigger. Is this possible with Postgres?

Thanks!

Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now.
hthttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642558/direct/01/