2 questions when using vs2005 to debug PG

From: chaoyong wang <catcher_wang(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 2 questions when using vs2005 to debug PG
Date: 2010-03-08 10:05:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,I'm using vs2005 to debug PG, and I have 2 questions to ask:1. I want to add a function to contrib/xml2/xpath.c I changed xpath.c, pgxml.sql, pgxml.sql.in at the same time, then I builded and installed as the document said. When I execute "psql test < pgxml.sql", all functions created success except the one I added. ERROR: could not find function "xml_value_index" in file "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib/pgxml.dll" I rebuild project pgxml, and replaced C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib\pgxml.dll by the new produced .\Debug\pgxml\pgxml.dll But remains all the same2. When I execute a simple select query too see how it works, the concept "Portal" really puzzled me, maybe it's too abstract Could you please explain it more specifically?Thanks for your reading and looking forward your replyBest RegardsCatcher Wang