Create/Erase 5000 Tables in PostGRE SQL in execution Time

From: "Orlando Giovanny Solarte Delgado" <orsolarte(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Create/Erase 5000 Tables in PostGRE SQL in execution Time
Date: 2006-01-16 17:16:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I am designing a system that it takes information of several databases
distributed in Interbase (RDBMS). It is a system web and each user can to do
out near 50 consultations for session. I can have simultaneously around 100
users. Therefore I can have 5000 consultations simultaneously. Each
consultation goes join to a space component in Postgis, therefore I need to
store each consultation in PostgreSQL to be able to use all the capacity of
PostGIS. The question is if for each consultation in execution time build a
table in PostGRESQL I use it and then I erase it. Is a system efficient this
way? Is it possible to have 5000 tables in PostGRESQL? How much performance?

Thanks for your help!

Orlando Giovanny Solarte Delgado
Ingeniero en Electrónica y Telecomunicaciones
Universidad del Cauca, Popayan. Colombia.
E-mail Aux: orlandos(at)gmail(dot)com