buffer manager

From: "ravi chotalia" <bse_2004(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: buffer manager
Date: 2005-09-13 04:38:27
Lists: pgsql-general

hi
i'm working on typical problem of comparing buffer manager's policies
(MRU/LRU/FIFO) and working on postgresql 8-03 . I read old versiona and beta
version and found 8-03 uses LRU 2q and the newer beta version is using
simple LRU but this time global buffer lock is used removing vacum process
in freelist. since i'm working on 8-03 and want to change my code as less as
possible , is there any version where simple LRU is used with 8-0-3's vacum
and BufferStrategyCDB stuff.
regards
ravi

1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife http://lavalife.com.au