vacuumdb -a -f

From: "D Kavan" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: vacuumdb -a -f
Date: 2005-08-15 20:16:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

Even though I run vacuumdb -a -f every night with no exceptions or problems,
my database size remains 5.6 GB. After I do a dump/restore, the new
database size is 4.0 GB. How could that be possible? That's a significant
amount of space. If I can clean up my existing databases by 30%, I'd be in
much better shape.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
~DjK