pgadmin 1.4 + pgsql 8.1.0

From: "Mr(dot) Dan" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin 1.4 + pgsql 8.1.0
Date: 2006-03-22 14:42:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Pgadmin is amazing. You can log on with a user account that's been
authenticated through Linux PAM and then run a command like pg_dump or
createdb that you wouldn't have access to run on the linux command line as
long as postgres approves that access. Is there a way to bring that power
to the command line? If I log into a server as a certain user who doesn't
have the access that the postgres user has, can I use or access postres
someway to check that a superuser has given that access in postrres and if
it has wrap around the postgres user account (like what happens with
pgadmin) and execute the command like createdb?

Is there a web based version of pgadmin? Is the source available for
pgadmin?

Thanks,
~DjK