Activate Index

From: "Edwin Quijada" <listas_quijada(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Activate Index
Date: 2003-09-04 14:02:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!!
This is my first post to the list. I have a problem.
I have a table with a two index , int4, but when I do a search using the
field indexed but when I applied an explain to the query it says Seq Scan ,
I mean , that it doesnot use the index.
I cant use the cast field::int4 because I use delphi and delphi does not
support this.
I know there is a command to activate index aand always postgrres will be
the index
Which are this command???
Anyone knows?

*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"

¿Estás buscando un auto nuevo? http://www.yupimsn.com/autos/