compliling postgresql

From: "Jenny -" <nat_lazy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: compliling postgresql
Date: 2003-05-12 03:29:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi,
I added functions of my own along wiht their prototype in Lock.h called
InitializeLockList(), InitializeTransactionNode etc.
I get thiese errors when i try compiling postgresql using make.
ld: fatal: symbol `InitializeLockList' is multiply defined:
(file postmaster/SUBSYS.o and file storage/SUBSYS.o);
ld: fatal: symbol `InitializeTransactionNode' is multiply defined:
(file postmaster/SUBSYS.o and file storage/SUBSYS.o);
ld: fatal: symbol `addMode' is multiply defined:
(file postmaster/SUBSYS.o and file storage/SUBSYS.o);
ld: fatal: symbol `getLockTagNode' is multiply defined:
(file postmaster/SUBSYS.o and file storage/SUBSYS.o);
ld: fatal: symbol `forDebugging' is multiply defined:
(file postmaster/SUBSYS.o and file storage/SUBSYS.o);
ld: fatal: symbol `InitializeLockTagNode' is multiply defined:
(file postmaster/SUBSYS.o and file storage/SUBSYS.o);
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to postgres
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

can someone help me out here?
thanks alot
Jenny