Re: Help needed with PostgreSQL clustering/switching from MySQL

From: Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help needed with PostgreSQL clustering/switching from MySQL
Date: 2011-06-21 14:00:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Vikram Vaswani
<vikram(dot)vaswani(at)loudcloudsystems(dot)com> wrote:
> So my first question is, I'd like to know if PostgreSQL has similar issues
> when running in a clustered scenario.

Postgres has nothing quite like the MySQL cluster mode with NDB. You
will have to re-think your solution if you want to use postgres to
distribute your queries and data across multiple servers.

To decide what is the best solution for replication in postgres you
need to define exactly what you mean by "clustering" and "failover",
and what your acceptable downtime is, etc.