Re: Dumping functions with pg_dump

From: Greg Corradini <gregcorradini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dumping functions with pg_dump
Date: 2011-04-05 23:26:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply Raymond!

This is all through remote terminal so I can't use pg_admin ;(

Maybe some more quick context.... I don't want to dump whole database b/c
the thing is 12GB and for the application we're building we only access
certain tables in the DB. There's one table that has two triggers associated
to it, each which in turn references it's own procedure.

So my pg_dump syntax has a lot of -t <table_name> -t<table_nameII> in it to
target only the tables I want. But the procedures tied to the triggers
aren't coming with it unless I do the whole dump.

thx

--
Greg