Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore

From: Chris Curvey <chris(at)chriscurvey(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore
Date: 2011-04-07 12:49:56
Lists: pgsql-general

> Are you able to distribute your dataset - if not to the general public,
> then to someone interested in identifying the fault?

probably not. but let me ask...maybe I can come up with a creative
solution.

> Does the same dataset crash Pg when restored on another machine?

That is a good question. I'm running a full memtest on the server in
question at the moment, just to be sure that this is not a hardware issue.
(And I'm assuming that if I was out of memory -- which I think is unlikely
-- that I would get a different error.)

Let me see if I can load it somewhere else. And since the only other
machine I have to try it on is a Windows box, I will be able to answer my
own question of "are pg_dump dumps OS-portable?"

--
Ignoring that little voice in my head since 1966!