Postgre inner work question

From: Lucas Cotta <luccotta(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgre inner work question
Date: 2011-04-11 23:08:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

Does postgre execute the queries following a execution plan tree, where the
leafs are table scans, and the nodes are joins?

I'm looking for a database where I can get a cardinality from a partial
result of the execution... for example, print the cardinality of the results
until the next join operator use this result...

Thanks!