Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data

From: Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Date: 2011-05-13 16:40:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Well I finally figure it out thanks to you guys.

After checking the package contents I could notice that the Java test I can
easily see it contents (traffic data and select statements). That wasn't
true for the Python test, the content show as a bizarre sequence o
characters.

So as you guys argued, it was indeed ssl encrypted. I checked the docs and
learned how to disable it and I got the same results as the java driver.

221222KB (almost the same)

But here is the question, does the SSL compress the data too? I enabled the
self-signed ssl mode for the java test, and It was indeed encrypted, but the
traffic was still "big", differently to the python version.

Any Ideas?

(i'm doing this question on the psycopg2 mailist too)

Thank you guys again for the help.