Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Date: 2011-04-17 07:40:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Apr 17, 2011 8:17 AM, "Jeff Janes" <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On 4/16/11, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> >

> > What makes you think this isn't possible to run pgindent? There are no
> > secret incantations.
>
> A while ago I spent a few hours trying to run it and gave up. I think
> it was something about needing some obscure BSD version of some tool
> which conflicted with just about everything else on the system. I can
> try again and report back if anyone cares.

It does rely on BSD indent. For that very reason, we provide the source for
it, since most people have gnu indent. It's trivial to build, though, and
works just fine as a local build, and you can keep gnu indent as the main
one on your system - no conflicts.

It used to be a PITA due to the typedef list, but that has been fixed.
Perhaps we just need to document it a bit more...

/Magnus