Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data

From: Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Date: 2011-05-13 17:12:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Interesting,

I don't know about the java implementation but psycopg2 is on top of libpq,
so that's why the SSL compressing is working.

--

I didn't measure the CPU consumption of compressing/encrypting the data, but
8 times less traffic looks like a good performance boost since (I think)

Is there any plan to support it? And if not is there a place to put this as
a feature request (or is this thread automatically a feature request)?

Thanks again for all the help,

Israel