Re: pg_dump on Hot standby : clarification on how to

From: Dan Birken <birken(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bubba postgres <bubba(dot)postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump on Hot standby : clarification on how to
Date: 2011-05-14 01:57:01
Lists: pgsql-general

What is your "max_standby_streaming_delay" set at?

If your pg_dump takes longer than your "max_standby_streaming_delay" (which
is likely since the default is 30s), you might get that error as well. This
setting tells your standby how long it should wait to apply conflicting WAL
files to finish a particular transaction.

-Dan