Re: forgot password

From: Tim <elatllat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rick Visser <rickvisser86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: forgot password
Date: 2011-06-20 06:05:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Rick,

Firstly there are likely to be an OS postgres user and a DB postgres user.
How you reset the OS user depends on if you are using windows or linux, and
should be learned elsewhere.
Removing PostgreSQL was not the correct thing to do but If you reset or
remove the postgres user from your OS you will be able to reinstall
PostgresQL. You will need to install the same version you had before if you
want to keep your data.

To reset the DB postgres user change your pg_hba.conf to trust, restart
PostgreSQL, connect and change the password:
ALTER USER postgres WITH PASSWORD 'postgres';

You should ask elsewhere for problems related to "Hold'em Manager".

"127001" should be "127.0.0.1"

You might consider learning some basics instead of gambling on other peoples
advise.