Re: using jboss with ident auth

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: eyal edri <eyal(dot)edri(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using jboss with ident auth
Date: 2011-06-06 09:55:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jun 2, 2011 4:16 PM, "eyal edri" <eyal(dot)edri(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use postgres with ident auth and jboss.
>
> here's my postgres files:
>
> pg_hba.conf:
>
> # TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
>
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local all all ident
map=vmap
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 ident map=vmap
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host all all ::1/128 ident map=vmap
>

> pg_ident.conf:
>
> # MAPNAME SYSTEM-USERNAME PG-USERNAME
> vmap postgres postgres
> vmap root postgres
>
> i've set the postres password to 'postgres' and updated the postres-ds.xml
file under jboss:

> <datasources>
> <local-tx-datasource>
> <jndi-name>DataSource</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dbname</connection-url>
> <driver-class>org.postgresql.Driver</driver-class>
> <user-name>postgres</user-name>
> <password>postgres</password>
> <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
> <check-valid-connection-sql>select
1</check-valid-connection-sql>
> </local-tx-datasource>
> </datasources>
>
> when i try to run any command that uses the xml file for auth, it failes
with:

> FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"
>
> when i use 'password' or 'md5' it works.
>

> btw, i would have used password or md5 if there was a away to run psql
commands with password unattended (without password prompt..).

> any ideas?

Is there something in the PostgreSQL server logs when this happens? The
client side error message will intentionally not contain al details of
authentication problems.

Also, do you get anything in the logs of your Ident sever?

/Magnus