Further details on cursors.

From: "Matthew A(dot) R(dot) Sherian" <msherian(at)marsys-llc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Further details on cursors.
Date: 2011-06-15 22:03:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I am running into an odd problem when fetching from multiple cursors in
Perl. However, I do not feel knowledgeable enough to ask an intelligent
question.
Can you in the community direct me at some deeper documentation. Perhaps a
developers guide (for Postgres itself), that might discuss the internal
handling
of cursors, queries prepared within the cursor and what happens when the
end of a block of fetched data is reached.