Incoming/Sent traffic data

From: Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Date: 2011-05-12 02:45:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello, I'm doing a paper for my university about advantages and
disadvantages of OMR/Direct Access for different languages. One of the tests
measures the traffic between application and the database (we have proxy in
the middle of them). This test gave me some weird result.

Bellow, code and result:

Python
http://pastebin.com/LfQDtF5X

Java
http://pastebin.com/ZfNpqP0H

The postgre log:

Python LOG: comando: select * from pessoa
Java LOG: executar <unnamed>: select * from pessoa

(translation from portuguese to english)
comando -> command
executar -> execute

Almost difference of received data size is HUGE. Do you guys have any idea
about what could am I doing wrong? I heard something about binary protocol,
could it help?