semget: No space left on device

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: semget: No space left on device
Date: 2003-05-09 18:36:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to increase the max connections for my postgres installation but when
I do I get the dreaded "semget: No space left on device" error. Where can I
find information on the relationship between max connections and buffers and
shared memory/semaphores? I thought Bruce Momjian's performance tuning white
paper dealt with this, but the link to it is broken on the postgres.com web
site so I can't check it out.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.