Re: How do I alter an existing column and add a foreign key which is a Primary key to a table?

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: Karen Goh <karenworld(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do I alter an existing column and add a foreign key which is a Primary key to a table?
Date: 2019-07-21 17:30:52
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

This forum is recommended for questions regarding administration of PostgreSQL, which your questions are not related to. pgsql-gernal or pgsql-sql would be better fits.

But I'd strongly suggest that you pause and learn SQL basics in a structured way. You've said several times that you've been writing queries for a long time, but your questions here demontrate a serious lack of understanding of the basics. My personal recommendation:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/tutorial-sql.html

Or, for a quicker start:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/tutorial-sql.html
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql.html