Re: readline configure error again

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: readline configure error again
Date: 2003-01-20 18:42:34
Lists: pgsql-general

I am also getting this error, I have just installed readline-4.2 and I am
using this configure syntax

./configure --with-perl --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql7.3.1
--with-libraries='/usr/local/lib' --with-includes='/usr/local/include'

libreadline.so is located in /usr/local/lib.

System details:

bash-2.03$ uname -a
SunOS webdev1 5.8 Generic_108528-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

Any ideas why this is not finding readline?

Thanks for any help

Adam

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 05:59:26PM +0100, mike wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I show more about the error when configuring.
>>
>> this is the message I get when running the "./configure" command.
>>
>> checking for readline... no
>> configure: error: readline library not found
>> If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
>> failure. It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
>> Use --without-readline to disable readline support.
>
> It doesn't know where to find your readline headers and libraries.
>
> If you are compiling on a system with various packages (like RPM,
> .deb, whatever), you probably need to install the development version
> (it has the headers).
>
> If you compiled and installed yourself, you might want to use the
> --with-includes and --with-libs directives.

believed to be clean.