Inheritance question

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Inheritance question
Date: 2002-11-26 16:10:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Firstly, is there a problem with the mailing list archives? Searching seems
to just hang at the moment...

I have a table that inherits an id field from a parent table, is there a way
of determining which child table the row containing a particular id value
comes from?

Also, just out of interest, if one table inherits a field from another table
does the values contained within that field get stored on disk twice? (once
for the parent table and once for the child table).

Thanks for any help

Adam

believed to be clean.