managing multiple db developers

From: Mark Phillips <mark(dot)phillips(at)mophilly(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: managing multiple db developers
Date: 2019-01-15 17:43:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

When I worked for an Oracle shop, the dba set up individual “schemas” for each developer. That allowed us a database instance of our own for experiments, including modifying stored procedures and such, without the risk of negative impact on other developers or modifying the stable dev-test and QA databases.

I am wondering how to accomplish a similar arrangement in an postgres cluster.

Thank you,

- Mark Phillips