Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris

From: Randall Perry <rgp(at)systame(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris
Date: 2002-05-11 19:01:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Having major trouble with LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable under 7.2. Getting
the error:

ld.so.1: psql: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

When starting.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in root & postgres login script, but strange things
are happening with it. If I ssh into server using postgres account
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set. But if I su postgres from another account it isn't,
though all other variables from login script are set ok.

If I switch back to 7.1.3, no problem. Below are the situations where I can
and cannot connect.

Is there some PgSQL misconfiguration I'm missing, or could there have been
something wrong with the compile?

7.1.3:
no env problems

7.2:
root can connect
root cron jobs can't connect, libgcc_s.so.1: open failed
remote users can connect
sudo root can't connect, libgcc_s.so.1: open failed
su postgres can't connect, libgcc_s.so.1: open failed
ssh postgres can connect

--
Randy Perry
sysTame