Re: Update postgresql.org http links to https in docs

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update postgresql.org http links to https in docs
Date: 2017-05-21 08:09:48
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On 21 May 2017, at 03:52, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> writes:
>> Since the website is solely serving pages over https now redirecting all http
>> requests, we should use https to avoid an extra redirect for users. Attached
>> patch updates the few http links found in various pieces of documentation in
>> the tree.
>
> Agreed, done.

Thanks!

> I see you did not touch http: references in back-branch release notes,
> which is probably fine.

Yes, given that the links do redirect and thus still work it didn’t seem worth
changing there.

I also left the link to the Windows Installer project on on purpose (in
release-8.0.sgml, http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/win32/), since it seems
overkill to update a link which 404’s anyways.

cheers ./daniel