Certificate authentication docs in multiple places

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Certificate authentication docs in multiple places
Date: 2023-03-23 13:33:13
Lists: pgsql-docs

A couple of times recently I’ve been chatting with someone about using certificate authentication, and the docs they’ve found on it are the ones in section 21.12 (Client Authentication -> Certificate Authentication).

But the useful documentation about how to set it up and use it is in section 19.9.3 (Secure TCP/IP Connections with SSL -> Using Client Certificates), where you’re less likely to find it while thinking about authentication.

Should we add a link from the former to the latter?

Cheers,
Steve