7.1.3 Install: createlang broken/no pg_shadow

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 7.1.3 Install: createlang broken/no pg_shadow
Date: 2001-10-13 20:25:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I installed 7.1.3 and while configuring experienced two problems:

1) When trying to use createlang, it keeps asking for a password after
entered. The log appears to note a successful conection. Is this a known
bug?

2) The docs say that postgres should use pg_shadow, however my installation
is only using pg_pwd and storing all the passwords in cleartext!!! How does
one force postgres to store encrypted passwords? I assume this is what
pg_shadow is for.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.