More on the TO DO wishlist

From: Chris Ruprecht <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PG SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: More on the TO DO wishlist
Date: 2001-09-03 18:06:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I did some pl/pgsql this morning and forgot a ';' at the end of a line. The
result was, that the compiler complained about a wrong statement in line 304
- which is at the end of the program.
The other error I made was that I used a new record without defining the
record first. This, the program only detected, when it first tried to use
the new record (select into xxx * from yyy...).

Can the parser be changed to be a little more intelligent about it's error
reporting, and can it be changed to check if all variables, records, etc.
have been defined before the program runs?

Best regards,
Chris