Server status SQL highlighted in dark orange

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Server status SQL highlighted in dark orange
Date: 2013-12-18 19:56:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

pgAdmin 3 1.18.1
PostgreSQL 9.2
I am having issues with a query getting "stuck" while doing updates. So I went to Server Status in pgAdmin. I found the query was highlighted in dark orange. When a query appears to get hung up and won't finish what steps should I take to figure out what is happening?

I have checked the database logs and there does not seem to be an issue. Is there some way I could tell PostgreSQL through pgAdmin to give me more information on why the query is stuck? Is there a way to get more analytic information on the query while it is running?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell<http://illinois.edu/person/lance>
Software Architect
Web Services at Public Affairs