Using the JDBC Driver - users: Permission Denied

From: Hunter Hillegas <hunter(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using the JDBC Driver - users: Permission Denied
Date: 2001-02-07 18:49:52
Lists: pgsql-general

I am working on my first PostgreSQL application using Java... I'm previously
a mySQL user... I am running 7.1 beta4.

Anyway, I got everything installed and to the point that my JSP is trying to
access the database...

When I try to make the Connection call, I get this error message:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: users: Permission denied.

I created a user called 'test' using the 'createuser' program. I am trying
to connect as this user without a password. The servlet engine is on the
same machine as the database.

I have not modified pg_hba.conf file at all.

There must be a permissions thing but I don't know what it is. The database
was not created as this user... Is that the problem? If so, how do I change
the ownership over to the newer user.

I looked in Bruce's book but I'm still having trouble.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hunter
--
Hunter Hillegas