Questions from a Newbie

From: Hunter Hillegas <hunter(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
To: postgreSQLList <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Questions from a Newbie
Date: 2000-12-06 06:01:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I am considering migrating to PostgreSQL 7.1 from mySQL for some of my Web
applications.

I have a couple of questions:

1. The JDBC driver for mySQL will automatically escape special characters
(like single quotes) if you use the PreparedStatement class. Does the
Postgre JDBC driver do the same thing?

2. While 7.1 CVS built fine on Red Hat 6.2, I can't get it to build on MacOS
X Public Beta. I don't have that box in front of me so I can't remember
where it failed. Just wondering if anyone has brought it up on this
platform...

Thanks!

Hunter