Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...

From: "Thomas F(dot) O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Cristian Prieto <cristian(at)clickdiario(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...
Date: 2005-09-06 03:35:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't think any such behavior exists in PostgreSQL, and based on a
reading of the behavior in MySQL, I can't imagine it ever existing
considering the preference of PostgreSQL developers for correct (and
sane) behavior. INSERT IGNORE seems like a foot-cannon...

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™