Query_id is not being populated for all the pids

From: Teja Jakkidi <teja(dot)jakkidi05(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query_id is not being populated for all the pids
Date: 2024-05-20 19:48:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello Admins,

When we query pg_stat_statements in Postgres, it has a column “query_id” which is not having any value for most of the sessions.

Compute_query_id is set to AUTO

Can someone please help me understand why the query_id is missing most of the sessions and how is it populated in the background?

Thank you,
J. Teja.