select distinct?

From: Chris Griffin <cgriffin(at)websales(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: select distinct?
Date: 1999-12-08 01:03:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have two tables. One has job candidate information (name, salary, area of
experience, etc.). The other table contains jobs. I am searching on 4
different fields. I want a list of candidates that match at least one job.
So all 4 fields have to match. Of course I want each candidate only once. I
have tried using distinct on the key field but I get an error. I can't seem
to figure out how to use group by in this situation either. Any help would
be great! Thanks.