Delphi connection ?

From: "Nico Callewaert" <callewaert(dot)nico(at)telenet(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Delphi connection ?
Date: 2009-09-25 09:16:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi List,

I tried already in the ODBC list, but without success...

I have to develop a client/server application, heavily transaction oriented, that will serve around 100 users and database traffic will be intense (lot's of reads, updates, inserts....).
Development environment is Delphi 2007. I know there are a few commercial components available, but I was wondering if ODBC could do the job ?
So, my question is, if ODBC is intended to be used for that ? Many simultanous connections, lots of inserts, updates ?
The thing you always hear about ODBC is, that it is very slow ?

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Nico Callewaert