Help With the JDBC driver

From: "Marsh, Dan" <dmarsh(at)spiritcruises(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help With the JDBC driver
Date: 2003-09-10 15:10:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello I am on a SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.1 box using java version 1.1.7b with the
jdk being 1.2. I am trying to connect to an Postgres database which is in
my network. I am using the pg73jdbc1.jar and have also tried to use the
pg73jdbc2.jar to connect. The following line of code works.
<<...OLE_Obj...>> Then I try to run the next line and I get an error.
<<...OLE_Obj...>>
The error is as follows
Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report
this exception: Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
sun.io.CharToByteUTF-8
Stack Trace:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: sun.io.CharToByteUTF-8
at sun.io.CharToByteConverter.getConverterClass(Compiled Code)
at sun.io.CharToByteConverter.getConverter(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.String.getBytes(Compiled Code)
at org.postgresql.core.Encoding.isAvailable(Compiled Code)
at org.postgresql.core.Encoding.encodingForDatabaseEncoding(Compiled
Code)
at org.postgresql.core.Encoding.getEncoding(Compiled Code)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.openConnection(Compiled Code)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at CfsOppFill.main(Compiled Code)
End of Stack Trace

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at CfsOppFill.main(Compiled Code)
Please help!

Thank You,
Dan P. Marsh
Database Administrator OCIAP, OCDBA
dmarsh(at)spiritcruises(dot)com

If at first you don't succeed blame it on the computer!