ssl enabling of postgres on Mac OS X

From: Michael Hogarth <mahogarth(at)ucdavis(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ssl enabling of postgres on Mac OS X
Date: 2007-07-07 02:57:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks.

I successfully compiled/built pg 8.1.9 using --with-openssl on a Mac.
I modified the startup config files to enable ssl.
Server starts without problems, but when I try to require SSL from
pgAdminIII, I get "server does not support SSL".

Has anyone been able to get an SSL-enabled PG built and running on
Mac OS X (10.2.4)?

Help -- I am pulling the last hairs I have left.