VS: Re:Logical replication halted due to "this slot has been invalidated because it exceeded the maximum reserved size."

From: Viljo Hakala <Viljo(dot)Hakala(at)advania(dot)com>
To: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VS: Re:Logical replication halted due to "this slot has been invalidated because it exceeded the maximum reserved size."
Date: 2022-11-29 13:44:29
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-bugs

HI,

Previously we had -1 as default for both of these instances and that caused same kind of issue.

Now we had set it to maximum value. We changed it back to -1

The logical replication was rebuilt over the weekend from scratch and issue occurred only 2-3 days after.

So we believe this is a bug. There seems to have been an issue in 13, that got fixed. But maybe this is a regression bug?

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=866237a6fa01a128325df41ad39b41ea3363c9a9

Regards,
Viljo