Re: [EXT] Re: [Beginner Question] How to print the call link graph?

From: Garfield Lewis <garfield(dot)lewis(at)lzlabs(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [Beginner Question] How to print the call link graph?
Date: 2023-07-01 17:05:29
Lists: pgsql-general

> If no one here can, then superuser.com, unix.stackexchange.com or
> stackoverflow.com should be able to. (Just don't cross-post...)

If I understand the question this is a GDB question, correct? If so, I would simply set a breakpoint in GDB at that function like so:

b SocketBackend
commands
bt 2
end

this will break then print a backtrace of the last 2 functions (you can remove the 2 to get a full backtrace or change it to some other value). You could also add a continue (c) after the bt to have it run and just print out the backtrace until all is done (save the result to a file using the set logging command)

--
Regards,
Garfield A. Lewis