ODBC setup of "Level of rollback on errors" is not settable at run time

From: Hillel Eilat <Hillel(dot)Eilat(at)attunity(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC setup of "Level of rollback on errors" is not settable at run time
Date: 2017-08-08 16:50:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello.

ODBC setup provides means for setting "Level of rollback on errors" upon establishing a connection.
The "PROTOCOL=[6.2|6.3|6.4|7.4][-(0|1|2)]" keyword/token control the desirable behavior.
In my application, I must gain a control of that behavior at run time.
In certain cases I need NOP(=0) for a given OCBC open connection while in others I may need either Transaction(=1) or Statement(2).
These choices depend on certain application logic.
As of now - I must re-connect whenever switching from one level to another back and forth.
Since this behavior is controlled within the ODBC driver scope only, an affects SAVEPOINT statement generation only, I would expect to have a way to control it at runtime.
In terms of my application the current driver's state of mind is rather poor.
It imposes a pre-defined logic on interacting with the database which cannot be controlled by the application.

Thanks.

Hillel.