High Availability, guarantee to use sync nodes

From: Dirk Krautschick <Dirk(dot)Krautschick(at)trivadis(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: High Availability, guarantee to use sync nodes
Date: 2020-08-31 11:06:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

if there are several PostgreSQL nodes replicating synchronous and I configure a guarantee that
for example 3 of 5 nodes have to be in sync to go on with synchronous_standby_names and
now I want to implement a load balancing scenario with active standby DBs...how or with what
tool can I achieve that my read clients only use sync nodes. For sure somehow a check in the
pg_stat_replication before is possible but is there something in parameters or with solutions
like repmgr, patroni, etc. to do this?

Thanks and best regards

Dirk