unused code in float8_to_char , formatting.c ?

From: Greg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)me(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unused code in float8_to_char , formatting.c ?
Date: 2013-04-04 22:47:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Guys,

Looking around the code Today, one of my helpful tools detected this dead code.
As far as I can see, it is actually unused call to strlen() in formatting.c, float8_to_char().

Diff attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
formatting_dead_code.diff application/octet-stream 354 bytes
unknown_filename text/plain 12 bytes