A table underneath another one

From: "Jose Antonio Leo" <jaleo(at)bmpcenter(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A table underneath another one
Date: 2002-10-17 15:18:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi to all,
I have three tables, one reflects article sales, another article purchases
and another article regulations.
I would like to make a pursuit of a concrete article from an initial date to
another end and to see his history.
The three tables agree in the following fields
code_article, date, units, .......

In order to make a pursuit it would have to unite the three tables ordering
per dates and later to select the rank of dates selec.

How I can do this? How I can to place a table underneath another one?

Tk very much.