Re: PostgreSQL & Raspberry Pi

From: "Albin, Lloyd P" <lalbin(at)scharp(dot)org>
To: "J(dot)B(dot)H(dot) Koyen" <joep(at)koyen(dot)be>
Cc: "seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL & Raspberry Pi
Date: 2013-03-13 17:48:17
Lists: seapug

Joep,

Great to hear from you and see the presentation helping people. The contrib modules, of which adminpack is one of them, are built as part of the “make world”, see page 16 of my presentation. Then all you have to do is run this sql code to install the module/extension.
CREATE EXTENSION adminpack;
You may wish to run this command in the template1 database so that it will be automatically included in any future database that you create, if you use template1 which is the default template for new databases.

There is more info about installing the contrib extenstion at the bottom of this page:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/contrib.html

I run the Seattle Postgres Users Group (SeaPUG). If you have any questions about Postgres please join our mailing list and post them there. We have several dba’s who have been using Postgres for 10-12 years who will respond to questions on the list. I am one of those dba’s. You can subscribe to our mailing list at: http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe/ just make sure to select seapug in the mailing list drop down.

Lloyd