Re: Maximum number of columns in a table

From: "Gerry Scales" <gerry(at)tbstbs(dot)net>
To: "Martin Gainty" <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Maximum number of columns in a table
Date: 2009-04-11 21:06:23
Lists: pgsql-general

This is a generic problem - I have no control over the data and need to solve the problem by programming without analyzing each application. However, I do have control over the way the data is stored and can use user-defined types.
I guess I could partially restate the problem as: How many varlena columns can be supported in a table with a standard 8K blocksize?

Gerry

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4001 (20090411) __________

http://www.eset.com