Re: Best Prometheus exporter?

From: Ruohang Feng <rh(at)vonng(dot)com>
To: Victor Sudakov <vas(at)sibptus(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best Prometheus exporter?
Date: 2021-11-10 06:13:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Victor:

1.

There is no official docker image. But there's a dockerfile: https://github.com/Vonng/pg_exporter/blob/master/Dockerfile

It is a single binary that could be just ADD to a docker image, and receive parameters via ENVIRONMENT.

Maybe I would create an image in dockerhub in next minor release.

2.

You can setup monitoring staff manually with following resources:

Grafana Dashboards: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/tree/master/roles/grafana/files/dashboards/pgsql

Prometheus Config: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/prometheus/files/example/prometheus-static.yml

Prometheus Rules: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/prometheus/files/rules/pgsql-rules.yml

Prometheus Targets: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/register/tasks/prometheus.yml

PG Exporter Config: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/monitor/files/pg_exporter.yml

Another option is only using the monitoring part of Pigsty which could setup everything automatically.
Install pigsty on a standalone machine, and it can be used for monitoring existing external postgres instances (with a viable PGURL only).

http://demo.pigsty.cc/d/home

Regards~